FIVE QUICK FACTS
1. I'm a freelance film/television critic and Oscar prognosticator who has written for The Hollywood Reporter, The Washington Post, GQ, Vanity Fair, The Village Voice, Slate, VICE, and The Guardian, among other publications.
2. My tastes are eclectic, but I especially love to watch and write about Britcoms, kids’ content, period dramas, and women-centered narratives.
3. My very first piece of criticism was a contrarian review of Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11 for my high school newspaper, which included the very astute line, “Moore claims to be presenting the truth, but who really knows what the truth is?”
5. I'm a member of the Boston Society of Film Critics, the Boston Online Film Critics Association, and the TV Branch of the Critics Choice Association.
6. I've got a B.A. in English from Amherst College and an Ed.M. in children’s media from the Harvard Graduate School of Education.